Friends responded to this: “Five reasons why I never get around to doing the things I really want to.” Their answers are worthy of being read! The friends remain anonymous because somebody didn’t get their permission. Oops. My answers are also here, too, can you guess? LOVE to have you list your five reasons!
1. I have ADD (Attentional Delight and Distraction) issues!
2. I like to organise and sort all my wonderful ideas, supplies and treasures.
3. My studio gets cluttered with stockpiles of supplies and treasures.
4. Ideas are light and easy to carry around in my head.
5. I keep chasing rainbows……………….
1. I’m working as a technical writer.
2. I’m eating (frikkin inconvenient, when the body demands fuel).
3. I’m sleeping.
4. On Facebook…
5. On Facebook…
3.recent addiction to facebook
6.I cant count properly so time gets lost
11. wow that’s 11 reasons
1. doing other things I really want to
2. dreaming up ways to get to what I really want to
3. on facebook
4. got distracted and forgot what I really wanted to get to
5. what if the idea of my great idea is so great that it’s scary to get to it cuz I might find out it wasn’t that great after all?
And from the comments:
1. i clean house instead, because that is easy and how can you go wrong, really?
2. what i really want to do seems too involved and i will have to START somewhere
3. i get lost in finding or needing new materials or equipment
4. etsy snares me and i think, “wow…maybe i should try THAT instead”
5. sometimes i am afraid that the actual piece won’t live up to the idea in my head.
1. Real responsibilities (kids, job, the dishes)
2. Fake responsibilities — you know, those things I take on that really belong to someone else
4. Guilt (Aren’t those real and fake responsibilities more important?)
5. The stuff all over the table